It’s time to cleanse your hair. Let our fresh scent of summer help you wash away the day. Our antioxidant-rich cleanser lifts and removes impurities from the scalp allowing for deep clean and optimal scalp stimulation. Take this moment for yourself and enjoy the foaming sensation on your hair. The best that science and nature have to offer for a relaxing and calming experience every wash.
Time to meet your new shampoo and why we are all about Biotin and Ph Balance!
Why we are talking up PH Balance; well, let me tell you why it is essential to have Yen Body cortex protection shampoo in your hair care routine! The Ph plays a significant role in strengthening your hair. The Ph scale goes from 0 to 14. 0 to 6 being acidic. 7 being neutral and 8-14 being alkaline. With our hair, we should be around 4.5 to 5.5.
Being in the 4.5 to 5.5 happy hair balance
- Prevents bacteria in your scalp and hair follicles
- Will seal your hairs cuticle to maintain it’s moisture and natural oils while preventing hair breaking.
- Using a PH balancing shampoo and conditioner will bring your hair back to the 4.5 to 5.5 PH range.
Some signs that your hair is out of PH balance
- You find you have problems with itchy and flaky scalp – you’re to Alkaline
- To acidic will cause the cuticle to contract, causing your hair to be feeling dry and brittle.
- To Alkaline This will cause the cuticle to open, leaving your hair frizzy and feeling dry and gritty.
- Colouring your hair does unbalance your PH, so make sure you are using a PH balancing shampoo in your hair care routine after any colour service.
RELAX – REVIVED – RENEWED
Wash away Impurities and stress from the day; this is your time, your time to have 5 minutes to yourself, five minutes of alone time, 5 minutes to “just be” Take some Yen Body time you deserve it, and so does your hair!
Biotin and PH Balance Shampoo
100% Vegan and cruelty-free
Australian made and owned
1x 250mls pump bottle
Free from Sulphates and parabens
Now that you’re in the shower, run water through your hair and apply three pumps of shampoo into the palm of your hands. rub together and apply to the scalp and roots area. Scrub the impurities away. Rinse and repeat follow with our cortex protection conditioner.
Prickly pear: Have amino acids that naturally stimulate collagen production to promote a faster cell turn over, removing dead skin cells from your scalp and preventing bacteria from forming. Having prickly pear in your shampoo will help protect your scalp and strands from the sun, wind, and environmental pollutants and help get your hair’s PH balance to 4.5 to 5.5.
Prickly pear is a huge favourite and is a core ingredient in Yen Body’s Cortex shampoo and hair care routine.
We also love that it has a natural antioxidant vitamin E, which helps maintain hair growth and protects your hair and scalp from free radicals, which can cause break down the function of cells and cause breakage of hair follicles which can lead to hair loss.
Biotin: This is our B7 vitamin, which is essential; this helps with thinning hair. This excellent vitamin also stimulates the natural keratin production in your hair, allowing healthier hair growth and nourishing your scalp by getting the root of the problem. Team this with our other hair-loving ingredients, and your hair will start to thank you!
Glycerin: This ingredient can pull in moisture from the air, so we love having this in our shampoo as moisture is key to improving dry and damaged hair. It will also nourish your scalp helping with dandruff, dry and irritated scalps.
Backhousia Citriodora Lemon Myrtle: When deciding on the shampoo’s fragrance, we couldn’t go past the Australian native Lemon myrtle. This remarkable ingredient not only smells fresh and invigorating but has powerful antioxidants and anti-fungal properties. How could we go past these uplifting benefits?
Hydrolysed Wheat Protein: We are all about moisture, but for our Cortex protection shampoo, we needed just a dash of protein. Here’s why this protein increases your hair’s ability to receive and retain the moisture we are giving your hair. It also helps with breakage, eliminates frizz and tangles and makes your hair appear fuller. This ingredient helps reduce the hair porosity while improving your hair smoothness. How could we not add this ingredient!
- Does cortex shampoo have any artificial sulphates or parabens? No Cortex protection shampoo does not contain any SLS or Parabens.
- Do you test on animals? Definitely not!
- Is your fragrance artificial? No artificial fragrance or colours
- Who should use Cortex protection shampoo? If your hair is dry, damaged or needs to PH balance your scalp and hair.
- Can I use this shampoo on coloured hair? Yes, you can, it is perfect for coloured hair as it will help level out the PH balance after a colour, as colouring your hair can disrupt the PH. Also, add moisture back into your hair, allowing you to lock in your colour for longer-lasting results.
Keep cap and lid away from children or animals. Can cause a choking hazard.
Store between 5 degrees Celsius and 30 degrees Celsius
Avoid direct sunlight
For external use only
Avoid contact with eyes
Discontinue use if any adverse reaction occurs and consult a physician immediately
Do not ingest
Don’t use if you have nut allergies