Get to know your Cortex Care Shampoo:
Why do I need a pH balanced Shampoo, and what exactly is a cortex? Your questions answered by our long hair specialists – Yen Body.
Your pH level plays a significant role in strengthening your hair. The pH scale goes from 0 to 14, with 0 to 6 being acidic, 7 being neutral, and 8 to 14 being alkaline. With our hair, we should be around 4.5 to 5.5
Balancing our hair’s pH is vital for preventing unwanted breakage, sealing the hair cuticles, and maintaining moisture and natural oils. When our pH shifts to the alkaline side, the result is damaging. The cuticle—AKA the outer layer of the hair—starts to lift, and the health/strength of the hair is ultimately affected, leading to issues such as breakage and frizz.
Signs that your hair is out of pH balance
- Too alkaline: You have problems with itching and flakiness on your scalp
- Too acidic: will cause the cuticle to contract, forcing your hair to feel dry and brittle, causing excessive split ends.
- Too alkaline will push the cuticle to open, leaving your hair frizzy and feeling dry and gritty—a lack of elasticity and rough to touch.
- Colouring your hair also unbalances your pH, so using a pH balancing Shampoo in your hair care routine after any colour service will help keep your hair at a healthy, happy level.
Being in the 4.5 to 5.5 happy hair balance:
Helps your scalp fight off environmental aggressors such as bacteria and free radicals, keeping your hair in excellent shape.
Yen Body Cortex Care Shampoo is:
- Lifts and removes impurities from the scalp, allowing for a deep clean
- Optimal scalp stimulation
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Colour safe and hydrating
Protecting your cortex:
The cortex forms the hair’s main bulk and pigment (colour). It consists of long keratin filaments, which are held together by disulphide and hydrogen bonds. The health of your cortex depends mainly on the integrity of the cuticle protecting it.
Ensuring your cortex is healthy is the main priority! Our pH balancing Shampoo works deep into your hair’s cuticle and provides protection from the inside out. The results are great and are ideal for all hair types.
How to use the Cortex Care Shampoo:
Once you are in the shower, rinse your hair and apply three pumps into the palm of your hands. Rub together and apply to the scalp and root area. Scrub the impurities away. Rinse and repeat, and follow with our cortex protection conditioner.
Why does our pH-balancing Shampoo work?
The Yen Body Cortex Care Shampoo receives incredible results as we have spent time sourcing the best ingredients to nourish hair.
Prickly pear: Has amino acids that naturally stimulate collagen production to promote a faster cell turnover, removing dead skin cells from your scalp and preventing bacteria from forming.
Biotin: B7 vitamin helps with thickening hair. Stimulates the natural keratin production in your hair, allowing healthier hair growth and nourishment to your scalp by getting to the root of the problem.
Glycerin: Pulls in moisture from the air; moisture is the key to improving dry and damaged hair. It also nourishes your scalp, assisting with dandruff and dry and irritated scalps.
Backhousia Citriodora Lemon Myrtle: When deciding on the fragrance, we couldn’t go past the Australian native Lemon myrtle. A calming, refreshing scent with strong antioxidants and anti-fungal properties.
Hydrolysed Wheat Protein: We are all about moisture, but for our Cortex Protection Shampoo, we also needed just a dash of protein. It helps with breakage, eliminates frizz and tangles and makes your hair appear fuller. This ingredient helps reduce hair porosity while improving your hair’s smoothness.
How is the Cortex Care Shampoo different to others?
When you have the correct knowledge and understanding about hair, you know what to look for, how to maintain it and what needs to be done to heal it. Our goal at Yen Body is to educate, help and create.
We have spent time executing this formula so you will see results and, most importantly, understand how it works and why we are your long hair specialists.
- Does the cortex shampoo have any artificial sulphates or parabens? No, the Cortex Care shampoo does not contain any SLS or Parabens.
- Do you test on animals? Definitely not!
- Is your fragrance artificial? No artificial fragrances or colours
- Who should use Cortex Care Shampoo? If your hair is dry, damaged or needs assistance with pH balance, this is perfect for you!
- Can I use this Shampoo on coloured hair? Yes! Our Cortex Care shampoo is ideal for those who receive colour services as it will hydrate and assist with correcting the pH level.
- Are the bottles recyclable? Yes, our bottles and caps are 100% recyclable and are made of PP and PET.
Wash away impurities and stress from the day; this is your time, your time to have 5 minutes to yourself, 5 minutes of alone time, and 5 minutes to “just be.” Take some Yen Body time; you deserve it, and so does your hair!
Team it up with our Cortex Protection Conditioner